Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Candle Makeover

In my opinion, the look a little "Christmasy" (if that's a word). This was my trial run to see if it would work, and it did. I know what to fix for the next ones, I am thinking maybe some gifts for others with a monogram on it...I don't know the possibilities are endless. So on to the how-to:

You will need: a sheet of vellum paper, printer, plain candle, Mod-Podge (I used gloss but matte may look better), scissors, paint/craft brush.


I used Microsoft Word to print out the words onto my Vellum paper and let completely dry before trying to Mod-Podge.


Then cut out the words, apply some Mod Podge to the candle, lay the cut-out onto it and lightly apply Mod-Podge over the cut-out. Being careful not to smudge the ink (as I did on the "Peace" candle).




Let dry and Viola! Can't wait to try this again with a monogram!

1 comment: