Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mod Podge Letters

First off I want to say if you haven't used Mod Podge you should try it. It is super easy and super cute for crafting....anything! A few weeks ago my mother brought over some of the things they found in the attic that I had in my room as a child. In this goody bag I spotted the letter that hung in my room as a child.
After inspecting it closely, I decided this was a decoupaging project. Later I found out Mod Podge is 40 years old...who knew, so this could be indeed a Mod Podge project 30 years ago. This totally got my wheels a turning, you see up until now I have only been painting the letters for my girls room.

 








After gathering my supplies: One wooden letter I nabbed at the Joann's opening sale (they were $1), Mod podge, foam brush, Scrap booking paper, ribbon, hot glue gun, exacto knife (to trim the paper). And to the desk to start my project. I wished I had taken pics to help navigate through this project, but it is simple so I am sure you can understand.

First off, if your letters are not white you might want to spray paint them white to cover the sides that will be exposed. Then after it dries apply Mod Podge to the front of the letter, I then placed the whole sheet of paper to cover the letter and let set for 10 minutes or so. I then turned the letter over (onto a protected surface) and used the exacto knife to trim the paper off to the same size as the letter. Turn letter back over and apply Mod Podge to the top of the letter and let dry. I  wanted mine to act as a bow holder so I attached ribbon with the hot glue gun to the bottom of the letter and a ribbon hanger on top and there you have it...one awesomely cute Letter to hang up.





While I am sharing all the crafts in the girls room I wanted to add the polymer clay hand print
 The handpainted canvas that matched her crib bedding (I am far from an artist)
And framed Ultrasound pics with scrapbooking supplies

 











Hope you enjoyed these crafts I have made for the girls. What have you made for your kids room?

No comments:

Post a Comment