Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes

The other day I was baking apples with cinnamon and the aroma of cinnamon in the kitchen took me back to my childhood. This next recipe are two things that take me back to childhood....cinnamon and cupcakes.


My husband thought they tasted like cinnamon rolls (hence the name), and I just thought they were delicious.
CUPCAKE BATTER:
1 package of butter cake mix
1 cup of milk
8 Tbl of butter (1 stick), melted
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
optional: I added a dash of nutmeg

CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1/2 package of cream cheese (4oz)
8 Tbl butter (1 stick)
2 - 3 cups of confectioners' sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp of cinnamon

1. Place rack in the center and preheat to 350 F. Prepare cupcake tin by adding the liners.
2. Place cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon (and nutmeg if using) in a large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula then blend with mixer on medium speed for two more minutes. Spoon into the cupcake tins.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes (mine were perfect at 20) then remove and cool on wire racks.
4. Meanwhile prepare the frosting. Start by creaming the butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer on low. Stop and add the confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, blending on low until well combined. (I am sorry I don't know the exact measurement for the confectioners' sugar...I have been making it by memory for years, so just keep adding the sugar till you get the consistency you are looking for). Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon and blend to combine.
5. If the cupcakes have completely cooled then frost those babies and eat up!


I also wanted to share some of my crafty fabric pumpkins...aren't they SEW cute!!


Let me know if you try out the recipe!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment