Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Granny!!

We had such a wonderful day that I had to share. First I started with a little dress making, then realized a didn't have enough elastic in my stash to complete the project...bummer! Didn't have time to dwell on my misfortune because today is Granny's birthday! Granny is my great grandmother who is turning 98 (we think-they didn't keep records back then). She's a real hoot, we celebrated by going to Watertown, TN and eating at the Depot Junction then topped it off with some birthday cake, yumm-yumm! After singing Happy Birthday to her she finished up by adding "and many more"...gotta love that woman!

                                                                                 


Now that it's getting chilly outside, I wanted to share a little sweater makeover. It went from a woman's Size Small Sweater (my thrift store find-but you may already have one in your closet) to a toddler's sweater dress and some leg warmers (that I have yet to take a pic of). So here goes!!

Here is Gabie playing in the finished product!
 Items needed: 1 adult sweater, sewing machine, and sewing notions

Start out by turning the sweater inside out and laying out flat on the floor.
 I then cut the sleeves off and remember to keep the part you cut off to make some leg warmers (I will have to show you those later)
I then took one of the sweater dresses that I currently own to use as a guide, Just lay it on top and use a fabric marker to draw out your sewing line. 
Next take it over to the sewing machine and start sewing on the line you drew and cut off the extra fabric. I used a small zig-zag stitch and remember to not force the knit through the machine and just let it glide. I finished the edge on the sleeves by turning 1/2" under and running another zigzag through to hold into place. Turn to the rightside and slip onto your little CuddleBug!!


No comments:

Post a Comment