Tuesday, September 28, 2010

For the Love of the Game

This past weekend my husband and I were fortunate enough to score my in laws seats to the UT vs UAB game. The in laws watched the children while we headed to Knoxville for an adult weekend free of the word "Mommy". If you've never been to a UT football game, you should really head out sometime....they have the some of the craziest fans, and I love the tradition of it all.
I didn't want to wear my same old Tennessee shirts, so off to the sewing room I went to whip out a little tshirt makeover. I thought even if this comes out tacky, I bet their will be someone else just as tacky as I am (plus I packed a backup just in case it was a bomb). 





Here is my UT tshirt makeover, I got lots of compliments at the game .



I think I may have went a little overboard with all the flowers, but I had fun. I took pictures and will try and get around to a tutorial sometime this week.

After being away from my sewing room for a few days, I went in and finished up some Fall outfits for the girls. Gabie is in to skirts these days, she picked out the leg warmers (which were some adult socks I found at Target and cut the feet out of)


For Reese, I decided to make a peasant dress. I am happy with the outcome. 






Then my cousin called and told me her niece was born (we were waiting on the baby's name for embroidery). So back to the sewing room--not that I need an excuse. I had visions of this pillowcase dress with a ruffled hem line and flower applique (from SWAKembroidery). I love the way it turned out.

Too bad it is getting cold, otherwise, I can just see my girls in one of these!

This has been my week so far, and it's only Tuesday night...what will be next?

No comments:

Post a Comment