Monday, September 20, 2010

NO SEW Fabric Flower Headband

Kicking it off with a No Sew Tutorial. I want to warn you that they are really easy and Super cute on all those CuddleBugs (or yourself) in your life. This one is Gold and Black so my daughter looks cute while cheering on those Vanderbilt Commodores!

Supplies: Scraps of any color Silky Material, scissors, pen (I use a fabric pen), candle, hot glue gun, button or beads for center, non-slip headband, felt for backing.


First off I took one of my circle templates to measure out my first circle (you can also use a cup).


I cut that first circle out to use as a guide for the remaining circles making each a different size. I cut 6 circles for each color to make the two flowers. Here is one completed


I then took each circle and cut small slits around the edge to create petals


Next the Fun Begins. Please exercise caution when working with candles. You use the flame (on your candle) and seal the edges of your circle. I did this with the shiny side of fabric faced down because the fabric tended to curve towards the flame.


Do this with all your circles.


I then cut out two felt circles to back my flowers


Grab your headband and hot glue gun. You want to run a bead of glue on one side of the felt in the center and glue to the headband where you are placing flower. Note that the headband runs in between the felt and flower.


Next glue all  your circles together and add button on top to create your flower.


Glue the finished flower to your felt and headband and Now you have yourself one cute little headband.
This picture is first thing in the morning when Gabie is in our bed watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (her a.m. ritual). I will post a picture at our next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment